Set-up first company in 1967 named ARLUMINA Eclairage Arcitectural in Geneva and took out his first patent was for low voltage linear lighting system.
A few years later he set-up AGABEKOV SA Lighting company international and took on some of the most highly-regarded projects in the world:
- the Vatican
- Louvre, Paris
- Bolshoi Theatre, Moscow
- Saint Michel Bridge, Paris
- Palace of Sponza in Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Villa Astra in Lovran, Croatia
- Guernica by P. Picasso, Paris
- College de France, Paris
- Kingston Bridge, London
- Siltassari and Pitkäslita Bridges in Helsinki (Finland)
- Museum Arqueologic de Catalunya and Cathedral of Barcelona
- Cathedral of Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Queen's Residence "Parlement" in Holland
- Princely Palace of Monaco
- National Museum Singapore
- Palacio National Mexico
- Banque Européenne in Bruxelles (Belgium)
- National Bank of Greece in Athens
- Bank of Luxemburg, etc.
Youri Agabekov has become the specialist inspired by natural light using warm-tone Xenon lamps. Now with over 80 distributors, Agabekov SA Lighting's next step is the AGA-LED light unit with a brilliant future for low voltage architectural linear lighting.